The Night Watch
- This is actually the funniest thing I’ve ever read, no lie
- Ties frustration and humor in systems: something that I’m more than familiar with :^)))
- TBH the realization that other systems people feel this way is somewhat relieving and hilarious at the same time
CAP Twelve Years Later: How the “Rules” Have Changed
- Still relevant to this day, especially with the CAP theorem being commonly cited in blockchain design.
- Comes to show that things are not always as black and white in practice than they are in theory.
- Appeals to the saying “every good business at its core attempts to solve an NP-complete problem” (rough quote I’ve heard somewhere).
- Lamport’s analytical skill is truly inspiring.
- A reminder to always consider design from the top down, and to seek to understand things at a more fundamental level.
- However, need to gauge the lifetime of the system/application being built, and whether it justifies the formal design overhead.
- Cliff Stoll’s energy and enthusiasm is infectious.
- Hoping to get a glass Klein bottle one day.
- EDIT 3/28/2019: Thanks Glo, for the best birthday present ever!!!
- Just a great song with a positive message to blast every now and then.
- The dream job.
- Something about how the video was filmed and the enthusiasm of it all makes for a great educational and viewing experience.